Skyline Furniture is looking for a highly motivated Import Operations Manager reporting directly to the executive team to quickly learn and understand all aspects of Skyline’s import business. Once immersed in how the import team operates, the expectation is to take over the management of the import operations team and focus on continually improving our end-to-end import order fulfillment and customer satisfaction.
- Quickly learn how the Skyline import team operates internally across departments and externally with Skyline’s retail customers, import sourcing team, and suppliers
- Manage and partner with the Skyline import team to execute the following day-to-day operations:
- Work with the Skyline Sales and IS team to regularly setup new product within customer systems
- Ensure all customer orders are entered into Skyline’s internal systems correctly and monitored through fulfillment
- Work with retail customers and suppliers to manage order change requests
- Monitor fabric inventory and ensure suppliers have what they need to fulfill open orders without putting Skyline at risk by over-buying
- Create and submit inter-company purchase orders based on domestic factory needs
- Ensure all financial record systems are being maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and monitor the use of all funds
- Develop and distribute internal financial reports and supporting analytics to senior management
- Support and contribute to special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Provide guidance on attracting, developing, and retaining key team members for Skyline
- Create and contribute to a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- 8-10 years of related experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate accounting and financial systems and processes including a strong foundation with QuickBooks
- Efficient in Microsoft Excel/Word, including an extensive knowledge of formulas in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in a customer-facing role
- Strong problem solving ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked as a true business partner to senior leadership
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality. Needs to be seen as a team player that is committed to lifelong learning and success for the company and its employees
- Strong commitment to developing team members
- Demonstrated commitment to the company’s culture with a passion for the organization’s mission is essential
Skyline Furniture is looking for a highly motivated professional to serve as an Information Systems Specialist responsible for new system development and the ongoing maintenance of our homegrown technology platform. Candidates must have the ability to effectively multi-task; be an analytical thinker/problem solver; be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal; pay strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and work independently.
- Perform multiple development tasks, including new web/application development, SQL Server DB development, and troubleshooting system issues.
- Assist senior information systems team with new customer setups and ongoing customer system integration issue resolution.
- Maintain office computers, printers, and perform software updates, new system installs, and email configuration.
- Conduct multiple system lookups/etc. focusing on tasks like locating missing orders by comparing customer system data against our own, and inventory file upkeep (discontinues, changes, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of related experience required. Concentration in computer science or related field preferred.
- Efficient in MS Office, including an extensive knowledge of formulas in Excel.
- Knowledge of PC and network hardware components and experience identifying and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with relational database design and ongoing management on MS SQL Server using SQL and a MS Access front end.
- Experience with one or more programming languages: Visual C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java.
- Experience with one or more back-end web technologies: .NET, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution.